Helen Powell is a PSL Counsel at Allen & Overy.
Contact the Pensions Talk team.
Posts by: Helen Powell
- When a good employee goes bad… is their pension at risk?
- Can’t pay? Have to pay – correcting underpaid lump sums
- Protected lump sums: practical issues for trustees and administrators
- A Decade of Non-Stop Simplification
- Do you meet the Pensions Regulator’s expectations? Six points to note in the draft DC Code
- The Chancellor who came to TEE: is pensions tax just a matter of timing?
- New DC regulatory standards: ready or not, here they come…
- Communicating with pension scheme members: when is ‘good enough’ good enough?
- DB to DC pension transfers: communications caught between a rock and a hard place?
- Reviewing DC investment options: how often is regular?
- Enrolling into pension saving: do you know your AE from your CE?
- It’s RPI again (with apologies to the Housemartins)
- Reinvigorating pensions communications: and a happy birthday to you too
- Incorrect pension benefit statements: let the buyer beware – or not?
- Employers planning for auto-enrolment: all change (already!)
- Pensionable pay in theory and practice
- NEST, Pensions and the Traveling Wilburys
- 'Europe to ruin British pensions'?
- Scheme pays: act now to avoid complaints later?
- Auto-enrolling workers into pension saving – but who are the workers?
- RPI/CPI indexation for pensions – the ASB and the butterfly effect
- PPF-compliant guarantees – are they still worth it?
- Cashing out small pensions, the lifetime allowance and the law of unintended consequences
- The PPF: no pain, no gain?
- Nests, eggs and dodgy metaphors
- Trustees, administrators and the blame game
- Age discrimination
- Benefit changes
- Current hot topics
- Data protection
- DC governance
- Employer Covenant
- Executive benefits
- Hidden liabilities
- Lump sums
- M&A Issues
- Pension Protection Fund
- Political change
- The Pensions Regulator
What's top of your trustee agenda? Visit us on stand 600 #PLSAannual, and take our survey on future proofing scheme governance.
Calling all pension scheme trustees! Our survey on future-proofing scheme governance is open - share your views at ow.ly/Q6pn30fNTp9
Fake news on pensions tax relief? Repeated reporting of £50bn cost analysed by WTW: towerswatson.com/en/Insights/Ne…